Voting rules for software rankings
Our voting rules
Please note: Energy Risk reserves the right to disqualify companies, or discard votes in this survey considered invalid. Examples of invalid votes include:
- People voting for their own firm
- Multiple votes from the same person
- Multiple votes from a single IP address
- Votes where web-based (eg hotmail or gmail) or fake email addresses have been used
- Votes by people who choose the same firm indiscriminately throughout the poll, without due consideration
- Votes by people who clearly do not use or advise on the systems
- Block votes from groups of people on the same desk at the same institution voting for the same firm
Votes will not be accepted if there is any indication that an unfair attempt has been made to influence the votes or if a firm has provided an inducement to a client to vote, whether it be gifts, drinks or other entertainment. A notification to clients of the survey is acceptable.
Energy Risk’s decision is final.