Energy Risk Europe
Low volatility, sluggish trading activity and regulatory changes have conspired to create a tough environment for energy market participants over the past year.
We are bringing our annual, 16th Energy Risk Europe conference this year, hoping to provide the perfect forum to discuss these challenges, network with fellow industry participants and work out how the market can best move forward. It will be held in London on 8th and 9th October 2013 with pre- and post-conference workshops on 7th and 10th October.
Traditionally hosted by Energy Risk magazine, the conference draws on the sophisticated, smart and global insight found in our publication.
Among other things, the two-day event includes expert commentary and analysis on the massive structural and regulatory changes affecting the energy market, as well as industry practitioners outlining the very latest techniques for modelling, measuring and managing risk.
Energy Risk Europe is both an educational and networking platform that brings together energy market participants to equip them with the tools, techniques and solutions to better manage risk during these challenging times.
Topics being addressed this year include:
- European gas hubs and the battle for liquidity
- The future of the EU Emissions Trading System
- Emir/Mifid II and its implications for energy risk managers
- The impact of counterparty risk and other Basel capital charges on bank commodity businesses
- Oil price benchmarks and the battle between WTI and Brent
- The developing global coal market
- Power market evolution and further development of network codes
- Risk management technology and data management
What delegates said about the 2012 conference:
"It added value to my knowledge on commodity risk management matters"
"All the leading energy players in 1 room!"
"It was interesting to see the strategies and approaches taken by other companies to certain topics"
"The conference provided a good mix of both quantitative and regulatory issues"
"It gave me a good overview of the new regulations coming out of Europe"
"The conference was a great forum for the exchange of up-to-date risk methods"
"Excellent organisation and interesting topics. I am looking forward to attending the event next year!"